Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Making a List

Lunchtime in the garden

My favorite plant sale is fast approaching and this year I will be ready.  I typically procrastinate and go plant shopping without a list and without a clue.  I wander through the stalls completely overwhelmed and without any funds because I haven't prepared.

But this year will be different.  I have cleared out the beds and noted holes.  I am getting rid of plants that having been lingering for too long in the garden (wild daylilies, black-eyed susans, blackberry lilies) taking up valuable real estate.  I have researched and made a list.  And most importantly, I have squirreled away some money.

Here's the list so far:
Lavender "Grosso" (5)
Basil
cilantro
tomato transplants
Lady in Red hydrangea
hybrid daylilies
calendulas 
Thornless raspberries 

Of course there will be other purchases - the kids and Peter will pick out some veggies and I'll probably fall for something pretty and cheerful for the shade.  I can't wait!  If you're in Richmond this Saturday, grab a wagon for your plants and head to Maymont!

25th Anniversary
Herbs Galore & More
Saturday, April 25
8:30-4pm
Maymont, Carriage House Lawn
$3 fee, free for members and children 12 and under

1 comment:

Maggi said...

I don't have a list yet, but I have a plot in the new Humphrey Calder Community Garden, so I'll be at the sale at 8:30 for a quick shop before our work day at HCCG. Hope to see y'all!