Friday, May 15, 2009

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day

It's been a LONG time since I've participated in Bloom Day! It's good to be back. Thank you Carol at May Dreams Garden for hosting!

A "borrowed" bloom, my neighbor's New Dawn that graces our border.

Ground Orchids (belitilla striata) with climber "Zephirine Drouhin"

Another of my neighbor's plants along the border, a huge Snowball Bush (viburnum opulus)

My one and only blooming bearded iris.  

The last of the amsonia flowers.

The pass along peony from my mother.  It's fragrance is just unbelievable.

The last fading bloom of the baptisia.

Clemetis, unknown.

A rose that I dug up from a neighbor's yard (with permission!).

Zephirine Drouhin

Belitilla Striata

Siberian Iris

I love May!

4 comments:

Rose said...

Beautiful blooms. I've always wanted a "Zephirine" because I've read that it can grow in some shade. Does yours get mostly sun? Seeing your profile comments made me laugh--I'm just learning how to deal with a 5-month old Golden Retriever in the garden:)

Ann said...

Mine was in the shade but I transplanted it last year to full sun and it's much happier. It just wasn't as vigorous. I was mostly shade though not part.

Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

I really like that amsonia. No idea what it is (shrub?), but the flowers are lovely. I must go and google it now!

Colleen Wms said...

Beautiful pictures!