Monday, April 21, 2008

Spring Fever


These days after I wake up and throw on some clothes, it's time to grab the dog and head out to the garden to see what new exciting things have popped up overnight.




I arrive at school to pick up my children late with catkins and inchworms stuck in my hair and mud patches on my jeans. My hands are always dirty.


I wander the patio before bed to get one last sniff of the lilacs before I sleep and I'm up by 6:30am to see if more blooms have emerged since sunrise.



I have big and little jars of flowers all over the house and everything is covered with yellow pollen dust since I refuse to close the windows. The heat will be here before we know it and I want to enjoy the air while it is pleasant.

I love spring.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

You're not the only one with pollen dust all over! (In our house, it coordinates beautifully with the cat hair ...)

Suzanne said...

You make it sound so lovely....but I cannot imaging being anything but TIRED in the morning. Birds chirping would make me GRUMPY I think.

Maybe I need biological clock rehab.